How Can I Reduce My Air Con Running Costs And My Carbon Footprint?
When investing in a new system, it is important to consider the air con running costs, maintenance costs, the initial purchase price of the unit, as well as the air con’s carbon footprint.
Your air con running costs, energy use and maintenance costs can all be minimised by:
- Buying an energy-efficient system that is the right size for your space.
- Having a correctly installed system in the right location in your home.
- Improving the energy efficiency of your home (e.g. insulation, tinted windows, outdoor shading of windows).
- Using the air conditioner efficiently: Set the temperature at 18-20 degrees Celsius in winter and 25-27 degrees Celsius in summer. Check this after the air conditioner has been on for 30 minutes. If a hot day is expected, turn the air conditioner on before the building gets hot. Close curtains on hot days (if refrigerated).
- Having your unit regularly maintained by a professional will also help to reduce your air con carbon footprint and useage costs.
Request 3 Free Aircon Quotes To Find Out Your Most Energy-Efficient Options.